Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cupcake Wars

I watched the first episode of Cupcake Wars on the Food Network last night.  Who knew baking cupcakes could be so stressful??

This show pits cupcake bakers against each other to win money and showcase their finished products at celebrity events.  Last night's show was the Series Premiere - a Sea World Birthday Bash challenge.  I can't imagine baking 1000 cupcakes in 2 hours....much less making them taste good AND create an awesome display. 

Congrats to Lindsay Morton from the Dollhouse Bake Shoppe who won $10,000 and got to serve her tasty cupcakes poolside at the Sea World Birthday party.  Her winning cupcake recipe:  Cinammon Sugar Graham Cupcakes!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love cupcake wars! I always try to picture if I would be able to handle the challenges or would I get stressed and cry lol. I would love to do a mini-friendly cupcake wars with a few friends, but my friends suck at baking (their words not mine)... I think I need to find a local baker's support group or something lol