Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Frida Kahlo

Happy 103rd birthday Frida Kahlo.....

Frida Kahlo de Rivera (July 6, 1907 – July 13, 1954) born Magdalena Carmen Frieda Kahlo y Calderón was a Mexican painter, born in Coyoacán.  Perhaps best known for her self-portraits, Kahlo's work is remembered for its "pain and passion," and its intense, vibrant colors.

Kahlo had a stormy but passionate marriage with the prominent Mexican artist Diego Rivera. She suffered lifelong health problems, many of which stemmed from a traffic accident in her teenage years. These issues are reflected in her works, more than half of which are self-portraits of one sort or another. Kahlo suggested, "I paint myself because I am so often alone and because I am the subject I know best."   (Wikipedia



No comments: