Thursday, February 25, 2010

Mam Papaul's Red Velvet Cupcake Mix

While in World Market yesterday I noticed they had Mam Papaul's Red Velvet Cake Mix.  Mam Papaul's has very popular ready-made items in the South and I have made the King Cake and Gumbo many times.  They have very tasty products.  I decided to buy the mix and make red velvet cupcakes. 

The mix comes with frosting mix included, but you need to add milk, butter and Crisco.  The frosting mix included in the box is the kind that you boil with milk and you know from previous posts that this is not my favorite.  I followed the frosting instructions on the box...and then added 8 ounces of cream cheese and 3 cups of confectioner's sugar.  That made all the difference!  I garnished the cupcakes with grated chocolate and a wedge of Chipotle Chocolate for a bit of spicy to go with the sweet.

The red velvet cupcakes were moist and delicious and I have to say that it is probably the best red velvet cake I have had in a long time.  Beautiful deep red color too. I will definitely buy this mix again.

P.S.  Mam Papaul's also offers Black Velvet and Lemon Velvet cake mixes.












No comments: