Monday, August 31, 2009

Gigi's Cupcakes - Nashville

I was planning to pass through Nashville this past weekend and did a cupcake search before I left Lake Tahoe. There were several cupcake bakeries listed and I decided to try Gigi's Cupcakes because they offered many convenient locations that were right on my route.

I stopped at the Cool Springs location and bought 4 cupcakes: Scarlett Velvet (red velvet with cream cheese icing), Chocolate Malt (chocolate cake with buttercream icing and crushed malted milk balls around the edge), Tiger Tails (yellow cake with raspberry filling & buttercream icing topped with raspberry coconut) and Bailey's Irish Cream (Bailey's flavored cake with buttercream icing and chopped almonds around the edge).

The cupcakes were packaged beautifully in a "gift box" with a Gigi's sticker to seal it. The box had a cupcake holder inside to keep the cupcakes in place for transport.

Now for my cupcake critique! The cupcakes were not just pretty to look at...they were tasty as well. The cake was flavorful and the amount of icing on each one was very generous. The toppings complimented the cupcake flavors well. For me, the Bailey's cupcake could use more Bailey's, but that is just my personal preference. I loved the crushed malted milk balls on the chocolate cupcake...brilliant! The raspberry filling in the Tiger Tails cupcake was dee-lish. I would prefer cream cheese filling in the red velvet cake instead of the vanilla filling, but again, that is my personal preference. If I had a choice, I would put cream cheese icing on everything!

Gigi's web site is what sealed the deal for me to stop by, but the friendly staff and good cupcakes will bring me back again. They have a fantastic printed menu and an online menu that is updated to include weekly specials. Gigi produces a monthly newsletter (available online) and I have also subscribed to the RSS feed.

What else can I say...check out Gigi's Cupcakes in Nashville or any of their other locations.



No comments: