Saturday, October 16, 2010

National Boss' Day 2010

Patricia Bays Haroski registered "National Boss' Day" with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in 1958. She was working as a secretary for State Farm Insurance Company in Deerfield, Illinois at the time and chose October 16 because she forgot that the birthday of her boss, who was her father, was actually on the 16th. (Wikipedia)

Since October 16th landed on a Saturday this year, most people celebrated it yesterday.  However, I am working nights this weekend so I am celebrating today.  Thanks to Pam & Jan for all you do for us!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I most have overlooked this "holiday" considering the fact that I hated my boss... i think evil witch is the most fitting description for the season lol... thank goodness i no longer work there and will be starting my new job next week :)

Lundy said...

I hope your new job comes with a great new boss!