Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Social Network

I went to see The Social Network last night and really enjoyed it.  I love how the story was told during a present-day deposition with flashbacks telling the bulk of the story.  Only those who were involved know the intentions in their hearts and the motivations behind their actions.  The rest of us will just have to enjoy the movie and take the facts as they are reported.

I joined Facebook way back when you had to have a college email address to sign up.  I have since canceled my Facebook account (which was not an easy process by the way), and Carpe Cupcakes! has a page but it is not being used. 

Social media has a purpose but I haven't really figured out exactly what that is.  I find social media and networking to be a huge invasion of privacy and don't see the appeal of alerting everyone I know that I went to the store to get milk.  Advertising is a legitimate use of the technology, so maybe we should call it something else....social advertising? 

Whatever your opinion on this topic, social media is popular. So eat some Facebook cupcakes and remember that what goes on the Internet stays on the Internet....forever. 





No comments: