Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 5: An American Cupcake in Paris

Our first full day in Paris and the bottom fell out while we were walking from the Basilica of the Sacre Couer on Montmarte (a hill 130 meters above the city). We were wet and cold....and very happy that we had not worn the new boots we bought earlier in the day.
Are there any cupcakes in Paris? The only cupcake I have come across so far is Buttercream, but I have discovered macaroons. I am thinking about changing the name of this blog to Carpe Macaroons! I paid 4.50 Euros for three of these amazing cookies today and they were worth every bite.

I feel a little bit like Charlie looking for the Golden Ticket in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I hope to find the golden cupcake soon.



Buttercream visits Notre Dame Cathedral


Buttercream looks across the city of Paris


Buttercream at the Basilica of the Sacre Coeur
Montmarte


The steps to the
Basilia of the Sacre Couer at Montmarte
(looking down was easier than walking up)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, looks like fun Jolynne!!! I want to be a cupcake traveling with you around Paris!!!
SJA