Monday, July 13, 2009

Cupcake Inspiration

I am constantly scouring bookstores for new cupcake inspiration - recipes, ways to display the mighty cupcake, and decorations. Decorations are my passion and I like to experiment with all types of media - especially sugar flowers. I have absolutely no artistic ability but I can create gum paste copies from pictures. Thomas Edison said,"If I try 10,000 times to make something and it doesn't work, I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways not to make it." This accurately describes my sugar flower experiences.

My favorite sources of cupcake inspiration:


Martha Stewart's Cupcakes: 175 Inspired Ideas for Everyone's Favorite Treat
Martha Stewart Living



125 Best Cupcake Recipes
Julie Hasso



Cupcakes
Elinor Klivans




The Artful Cupcake: Baking & Decorating Delicious Indulgences
Marcianne Miller


Crazy About Cupcakes
Krystina Castella




Hello Cupcake! Irresistably Playful Creations Anyone Can Make
Alan Richardson & Karen Tack


No comments: