Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cupcake Kitchen Timer

A few weeks ago I was baking cupcakes and watching the Kardashians (allegedly).  My oven may have malfunctioned or the cupcakes may have been overbaked because I had to see if Kourtney was going to leave Scott and go back to L.A. with Khloe.  But that is a discussion for another day.

Knowing when a cupcake is done is not always easy.  Every batter is different and every oven has its issues.  I usually bake cupcakes for 12 minutes and then check them every minute after that.  I don't use "the cupcake is done when you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean" method because this almost always guarantees you a dry hunk of cake. I like to take them out of the oven just before they are done because they continue to cook for a few minutes. 

This kitchen timer from Bright & Bold will make sure your cupcakes come out of the oven right on time!


Cupcake Kitchen Timer

2 comments:

Rachel @ The Avid Appetite said...

That is the cutest! I think my kitchen needs to have it. You know, the kitchen...not me

Lundy said...

I love it too...because pink is my signature color.