Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cupcake Lane Bakery (Las Vegas)

The second stop on my cupcake tour of Las Vegas was the Cupcake Lane Bakery.  I had been following them on other cupcake blogs and the reviews were good so I wanted to taste for myself. 




I Googled the directions so I didn't have as much trouble navigating as the day before.  The bakery is nicely decorated and practically begs you to stay and eat a cupcake.  I bought two cupcakes:  Savannah Street (red velvet) and Michigan Ave (lemon).  Both cakes were moist and delicious.  The frostings were delicious too....but you already know what I am going to say about the cream cheese frosting on the red velvet cupcake (needs more cream cheese).  Thank you for using real buttercream and not those meringue-based buttercreams.  Let's hear it for the sugar! 

They also offer cupcake cakes...which are cupcakes frosted as one cake and shaped into whatever you can come up with.  Very unique idea that you don't see available very often.  I will definitely be visiting this bakery again. 




Savannah Street
red velvet cupcake





Michigan Ave
lemon cake with buttercream





Cupcake Cakes...all shapes & sizes

No comments: