Thursday, November 19, 2009

Mad Hatter Cupcakes (Las Vegas)

The third cupcake bakery I visited in Las Vegas was Mad Hatter Cupcakes.  I almost didn't go there because I didn't think I had time to find it before going to the airport.  But I was driving along and just happened to look up and see the very street the bakery was on.  I am soooo glad I didn't miss this bakery!




Mad Hatter Cupcakes is unique because the cupcakes are not pre-frosted.  You choose your cake flavor and then choose the frosting. They have a gorgeous laminated menu card - which you can take home for later use and they have punch cards so that you can eventually get free cupcakes.  The staff explained how the process works (choosing your cake & frosting flavors) and then quickly filled my order. 

I bought a red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream.  Both cakes were moist and the flavor of the cake was distinct.  As you already know, I can be a tough critic on cream cheese frosting.  This cream cheese was the best I tried in Las Vegas - but still needs more cream cheese (in my southern opinion).  The vanilla buttercream was excellent - sweet and smooth and full of vanilla flavor.  I was offered fillings and toppings but declined. I just wanted cake and frosting with no distractions.

My cupcake adventure at Mad Hatter Cupcakes was fantastic.  I will go back every time I visit Las Vegas.  I may even plan my next trip around their cupcakes!




No comments: