Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sift: A Cupcakery (Napa, CA)

Yesterday I reviewed a cupcake shop in Napa, CA but I went to more than one! I also visited Sift:A Cupcakery located at 1000 Main Street. This is more than a bakery. It is a vintage clothing and jewelry store and bakery all rolled into one. They have some of the cutest aprons I have ever seen and jewelry designed especially for Sift.    

I bought four cupcakes: lemon (Limonata), red velvet (Ooh La La), and two chocolate ones.  The chocolate cupcakes were a Guinness cake with Irish creme frosting (Irish Car Bomb) and one with a black cherry frosting and real cherry on top (Black Cherry Jungle).  All the cakes were moist and delicious.  The frostings were sweet but the Irish creme frosting is a bit intense so you really need to like Bailey's Irish Creme to enjoy that one.  Red velvet cakes tend to be dry but this was not the case with the Ooh La La.  If you have read this blog for any amount of time you know I have strong opinions about cream cheese frosting.  The Ooh La La frosting needs more cream cheese (my opinion). 

I highly recommend a visit to Sift any time you are near Napa.  Sift cupcakes are also available at Dean & DeLuca and at the V. Sattui winery.  I had the pink champagne cupcake while visiting V. Sattui.  It is a raspberry cake with pink champagne frosting.  I will absolutely order this flavor again!




my bag of cupcakes from Sift




the cupcake counter




other goodies in the store!




the Sift chocolate logo

No comments: