Sunday, November 29, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Banana Cupcakes

Week 20

The day after Thanksgiving I do not shop...except to "click here to purchase."  Too many crowds for too few real bargains. The day after Thanksgiving I get out all of my holiday cookbooks and start selecting the goodies I will serve over the next few weeks.  I get reacquainted with the old standbys and every now and than I will discover a new recipe that I have overlooked.  Here is an old standby for everyday or holiday.






Banana Cupcakes

3/4 cup unsalted butter - room temperature
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups mashed bananas (very ripe)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Prepare muffin pan with cupcake liners.

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.  Beat in eggs, one at a tme.  Add vanilla and beat well. 

Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture, alternating with buttermilk (beginning and ending with dry ingredients).  Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-18 minutes.  Cool completely.

Use Seven-Minute Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting - garnish with a banana slice or grated chocolate.

No comments: