Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cupcake Royale - Seattle

Cupcake Royale was on my list of bakeries to visit in Seattle, but I didn't even have to go there....they came to me!  While talking to a blogger at the IFBC opening reception, I learned that the back hallway was filled with cupcakes from Cupcake Royale

I enjoyed talking to the bakery staff and I was treated to their best-seller:  the salted caramel cupcake.  However...my favorite was the red velvet cupcake with cream cheese icing.  Now ya'll know that I have strong opinions about cream cheese icing and their recipe did not disappoint! We had a discussion about red velvet cake being a hard one to pull off.  So many times the cake is dry and tasteless - but not this one.  Their red velvet recipe was moist and dense and would be welcome on any southern table!  As for the cream cheese icing, it exceeded my expectations.  It wasn't just buttercream with a little cream cheese thrown in....I could taste the cream cheese!  BRAVO!






salted caramel cupcakes

Cupcake Royale on Urbanspoon

No comments: