After registration, we headed downstairs to the meeting rooms to pick up the most awesome of goody bags (the french press is my favorite item) and have some fantastic food. POM was there to offer pomegranate cosmos, and they gave us recipe cards so we can make a batch when we get home.
Morgan Spurlock (Super-Size Me) shared some of his food experiences and offered insights about blogging and the importance of building relationships with our readers.
I met so many bloggers tonight and I wish I could mention them all. Tonight's shout-outs go to:
- The Taste of Oregon guys (http://www.thetasteoforegon.com/) - for lively conversation while waiting to register
- Lisa Dupar & staff (http://www.duparandcompany.com/) - for good food and giving us a recipe sample from their new cookbook Fried Chicken & Champagne due out in November
- Alaska Seafood (http://www.alaskaseafood.org/) - for the food & recipes
- POM (http://www.pomwonderful.com/) - for the POM cosmos and recipes
- Cupcake Royale (http://www.cupcakeroyale.com/) - for great conversation and for proving to me that somebody out there understands cream cheese icing!
- Erin of The Endive Chronicles (http://www.theendivechronicles.com/) - food editor & columnist for Mutineer Magazine
- Nancy of deVine Table (http://table.food-wine-pairing.com/) - for blogging about inspired food & wine pairings AND most of all for telling me that Cupcake Royale had a display in the back hall
Come back tomorrow for a recap of Day 2!
Foodista Best of Food Blogs Cookbook
coming in November 2010
so many cupcakes...so little time
Morgan Spurlock interview
the awesome goody bag contents