Saturday, August 21, 2010

One Love One Ocean

I am watching CMT this afternoon....the One Love One Ocean Jimmy Buffet concert from Gulf Shores, AL.  He organized this free concert to encourage visitors to come to the Gulf Coast and promote the message that the oil spill has not damaged the Gulf Coast beaches. Organizers printed 35,000 tickets, but the actual attendance could not really be counted.  From the look of the crowd, my guess would be at least 150,000 people on the beach. 

The first time I saw Jimmy Buffet live was when he was in college at the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg.  I grew up about 90 miles north of there and drove down with a few friends to listen to this new guy.  There were maybe 200 people there.  The next time I went to one of his concerts....there were 40,000 people in the stadium.

Go online to buy the One Love One Ocean t-shirt and the CD from the concert. Wish I was there eating a cheeseburger (in paradise)!

Here are some cupcakes for all you parrotheads out there!








parrot cupcake cake from Cupcakes Nouveau




No comments: